Sponsored by 3 Pecorini
Fava Bean and Pecorino Romano PDO Pesto
Spring is sprung all over! Celebrate the season by topping—well, everything—with this bright and cheerful fava bean and Pecorino Romano PDO pesto. Here, we keep things classic by incorporating the cheesy pesto into a pasta dish.
- 1 pound fresh shucked fava beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ cup mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano PDO plus more for topping
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 8 ounces dry noodles
- ►Prepare an ice bath with ice and water.
- ►Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add fava beans and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, then immediately transfer beans to ice bath. Slip off fava bean skins.
- ►Place beans, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon juice, cheese, and oil in blender. Blend, adding more oil as needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- ►Boil a second pot of water, and cook noodles according to instructions. Once cooked and strained, toss noodles and sauce. Top with extra cheese, and serve warm.