French Dip Cups with Fromager d’Affinois Garlic & Herbs
These portable party bites are a cinch to pull together. To cut down prep time even more, you can use storebought jus.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for greasing muffin tin
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 sprigs thyme chopped, divided
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces Fromager d’Affinois Garlic & Herbs
- 4 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ►Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Place 1 wonton wrapper in each cup of the muffin tin.
- ►Add olive oil and butter to a saucepan set over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add onions, red wine vinegar, and 1 cup water. Cook until onions are caramelized, about 30 minutes. If liquid reduces before onions have finished caramelizing, continue adding water ¼ cup at a time.
- ►Combine beef stock, 1⁄3 of your chopped thyme, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cut Fromager d’Affinois Garlic & Herbs into ½-inch cubes. Slice roast beef into ½-inch ribbons and then in thirds to make little rectangles.
- ►Divide onions in half. Add roast beef and half the remaining thyme to half the onions and stir until evenly mixed. Bake the wonton wrappers according to package directions. Just before wonton wrappers have finished baking, add cubed Fromager d’Affinois Garlic & Herbs to the onions and roast beef, mixing just until the cheese just begins to melt. Fill wonton wrappers with mixture. Remove cups from the muffin tin and top with reserved caramelized onions and remaining chopped thyme. Serve with jus on the side for dipping.
Sponsored by Fromager d’Affinois.