Green Bean and Buttermilk Blue Salad
To add a subtle smoky flavor to this simple salad from Emmi Roth USA, substitute Moody Blue® for Buttermilk Blue®.
- 1½ pounds French green beans
- ½ cup red onion thinly shaved
- 1 cup cucumber sliced or cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper cracked or coarsely ground
- 8 ounces Buttermilk Blue® crumbled
- Bring 2-3 quarts of salted water to a rapid boil, add green beans and cook for one minute to blanch; refresh in cold water. Drain and refrigerate until dry.
- Place chilled beans in large mixing bowl and combine with red onion, cucumber, grape tomatoes and oregano.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and hot sauce in small bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over green bean and veggie mixture and toss.
- Top with crumbled Buttermilk Blue® and serve.