Sponsored by 3 Pecorini
Grilled Fruit Salad with Fiore Sardo PDO
It’s salty, sweet, refreshing, and juicy—in other words, this grilled fruit salad with Fiore Sardo PDO is a fool-proof crowd pleaser. Apples and pomegranate seeds replace the traditional melon-forward fruit salad lineup.
- 2 apples Granny Smith or other firm, slightly tart variety
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon flaky salt
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- ¼ cup shaved Fiore Sardo PDO
- ►Melt butter in a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Halve and core apples, then cut into slices about ¼ inch thick. Stir cinnamon and sugar into butter and brush onto both sides of each apple slice.
- ►Place each slice on grill pan and cook until lightly browned, then flip and repeat on other side, about 4 minutes per side.
- ►Remove slices from pan and arrange on a plate, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with salt. Chiffonade mint and sprinkle over top, then add pomegranate arils and Fiore Sardo PDO. Can be served warm or chilled.