Risotto Carbonara with Stella® Cheese's Imported Parmigiano Reggiano
As Stella Cheese gears up for its 100th year, the brand is reflecting on what made it the star of Italian cheese in the first place: full-flavored, authentic recipes—like this irresistibly creamy risotto carbonara—which incorporates Stella®’s new imported Parmigiano Reggiano. This cheese, as well as Stella®'s Grana Padano, have a depth of richness and flavor that will instantly transport consumers to the countryside of northern Italy from the comfort of home.
- 1 package bacon
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- Splash of white wine
- 4 1/2- 5 cups broth
- 1 cup Stella Parmesan, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- Parsley, chopped
- ►Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack (or just foil if you don't have one). Bake for 12-17 minutes, until crispy. Let cool, then break into pieces.
- ►Pour the bacon fat into a large pan (you don't need more than 1/4 cup). Add the arborio rice and cook over medium heat until the rice is golden and toasted. Pour in a splash of white wine, stirring until the wine mostly evaporates away.
- ►Reduce the head to low and add in 1 cup of broth at a time. Cook it at a low simmer - pouring in another cup of broth only when the previous has absorbed completely.
- ►Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, eggs and parmesan.
- ►Once the risotto is fully cooked, turn off the heat and stream in the egg/cheese mixture while stirring constantly to ensure ultimate creaminess. Fold in the bacon crumbles.
- ►Season to taste and top with extra parmesan cheese, bacon crumbles and chopped parsley.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/