Sponsored by Président.
Squash & Tomato Feta Marinated Cubes Tart
This tart recipe serves as the perfect appetizer for any summer get-together. Président® Feta Marinated Cubes Herbes de Provence is the central ingredient, bringing a fresh and tangy flavor to the pastry. Classic yellow summer squash, cherry tomatoes and zucchini round everything out, with fresh basil leaves topping off the dish to provide an aromatic experience.
- 3/4 package Président® Feta Marinated Cubes Best Flavor Match: Herbes de Provence
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large egg whisked
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves coarsely chopped
- Flaky salt
- ►Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- ►In a bowl, toss zucchini and summer squash with salt. Let sit for 10 minutes. This will help pull some of the moisture out of the vegetables. Then use paper towels to dry off moisture from zucchini and summer squash.
- ►Put a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet. While waiting, use rolling pin to gently roll out puff pastry on the parchment, lightly stretching.
- ►Use a knife to make a 3/4 inch border around the edges, being careful not to cut all the way through the puff pastry. With a fork, poke crust in five spots inside the border.
- ►Brush puff pastry with pesto, inside the border only. Arrange summer squash and zucchini inside the border, on top of pesto. Top veggies with tomatoes. Brush border of puff pastry with egg wash.
- ►Bake for 10 minutes, then distribute Président® Feta Marinated Cubes Herbes de Provence evenly over vegetables. Bake another 10 minutes, until edges of pastry are golden brown and puffed up. Remove from oven and top with basil leaves and a few pinches of flaky salt, drizzle of olive oil. Cut into squares and serve.