Its name means “jewel” in French, and Vermont Creamery Bijou is indeed a gem of a cheese—luxuriously creamy and rich, with a hint of lemony tang. Packaged in pairs, these petite goat cheese buttons are perfect for ringing in the New Year with someone special, especially accompanied by a festive bubbly beverage. With its tart kombucha foundation, warm flavors of cinnamon and ginger, and a kiss of honey, an Apple Kombucha Sparkler is the ideal match for Bijou’s bready, yeasty notes.
Add more complexity to this seasonal sipper by swapping the recipe’s sparkling water for a dry sparkling wine—either way, it’s a dreamy duo.
Apple Cinnamon Kombucha Sparkler
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces apple kombucha
- 2 ounces unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup
- 4 ounces sparkling water or dry sparkling wine
- Ground cinnamon and two slices crystalized ginger for garnish
Honey Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and water over medium heat, stirring until honey dissolves.
- Cool and transfer to a glass jar with a lid or a squeeze bottle and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Fill two cocktail glasses half-way with ice.
- To each glass add: 3 ounces kombucha, 1 ounce unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 tablespoon honey simple syrup
- Top with sparkling water or wine.
- Stir gently to combine and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and crystalized ginger.