Technically, National Cheese Day was over a week ago on June 4, but let’s be real—every day is cheese day at culture. So if you want to keep the celebration going, we won’t judge. Check out this roundup list of seven ideas for tasting, pairing, and partying with cheese.
In other cheese news:
- Summer is here and the sippin’ is easy. Whether you tend to reach for wine, beer, seltzer, or cocktails during your summer gatherings, there’s a cheese for that. Check out our full guide to pairing cheese with booze to refer back to all summer long.
- Life’s too short for processed cheese slices at barbecues. Reach for something more flavorful this year, like Castello’s new Burger Blue Cheese Slices. They’re conveniently sliced for burger-topping and have a smooth yet sharp tangy flavor. (They’re also great straight out of the package.)
- A positive sign that life is finally getting back to normal? The Maine Cheese Festival is back (in person!) this year. It’ll take place Sunday, Sept. 12 at Manson Park in downtown Pittsfield. This year will also feature the inaugural Maine Cheese Competition, with an award ceremony at the festival. Stay tuned for updates on the Maine Cheese Guild website and social media pages.
- There’s a new delicious collaboration on virtual shelves: Mountain Cheddar is a cave-aged cheese from the cheesemakers at Cabot, the Cellars at Jasper Hill Farm, and the cheesemongers at FreshDirect. It was previously only available at certain restaurants and food service establishments, but this new collab with FreshDirect means it can be on everyone’s summer cheeseboards.
- FarmRich is now taking applications for their Chief Cheese Officer…and we’ve never felt more qualified for a job. The chosen CCO will be responsible for “coming up with delicious snack ideas, creating a cheese-centric holiday, creating 5 pieces of cheesy social media content,” and more, according to FarmRich’s website. On top of a year’s supply of cheesy snacks, the CCO will also receive $5,000 and a trip to St. Simons Island, GA. Can you say dream job? Apply here.
- Attention all sheep’s milk cheese lovers: Bellwether Farms just released a line of sheep cheese logs that are begging to be on your next cheese plate. With options in five creamy flavors—Original, Orange Marmalade, Moroccan Spice, Sonoma Herbs, and Strawberry Preserves—these are easy to incorporate into everyday salads, mixed into pasta, spread on crackers, or just licked off the spoon.
- Have you entered our Summer Giveaway with Mozzarella Company yet? You could be one of three lucky winners to score a pack of their “Five Favorites.” Enter here!