Make America Grate Again. No, that wasn’t a typo. On Monday, LA-based artist Cosimo Cavallaro began construction of a wall along the Mexican border. The building material? Solid blocks of cheese. The wall extended 30 feet by Tuesday, and Cavallaro created a GoFundMe page to raise funds to continue the project. He seeks to highlight the necessity for humans to overcome barriers. “We come up against [boundaries], we overcome them and we keep growing,” he says in an interview. Once again, cheese wins the day.
Here’s what else you might have missed this week:
- After being abandoned in a trash can, nine puppies were rescued by the Marshfield Animal Shelter and given the best names of all time: Blue, Brie, Cheddar, Colby, Feta, Fontina, Gouda, Muenster, and Swiss.
- A blue cheese made at Clemson University schooled other entrants at the U.S. Championship Cheese Contest.
- For you pizza lovers out there: Dominos recently announced they’re working on a smart car installation that allows you to order pizza from your dashboard. No phone call required!
- A 139-year-old dairy farm in Turkey hadn’t attracted a lot of attention until the local villagers transformed it into a cheese museum.
- Public Service Announcement: Cheese tea has been spotted in Baton Rouge.
- Kraft Mac and Cheese has released a new shell shape, and it’s magical. We’ll just say, keep an eye out for unicorns.
- We often jokingly refer to delicious food as a “religious experience.” But this rich cow’s milk cheese hailing from Georgia really is a God-given treasure.