American Cheese Month is coming to a close today, but that doesn’t mean we should stop supporting the domestic cheese shops and creameries we love! Our roundup of cheese businesses offering COVID-friendly purchasing options is still live, as is our roundup of other artisan foodmakers shipping nationwide. Now is the time to feed your cravings and order lots of cheeses and other snacks to help save the food businesses you love!
In other cheese news:
- The “World’s Largest Virtual Zoom Party” is set to take place next week on National Cheese Day, June 4th—and everyone’s invited. The Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin are welcoming us all to their virtual event to enjoy cheese-themed games, special guests, and prizes. Register here!
- Stella Cheese is bringing the ultimate comfort food inspo to your kitchen. Their new campaign, titled “Go from Good to Gourmet,” will encourage those who are cooking during quarantine to add artisan quality to their dishes with recipes that are easy to make from home.
- Mac and cheese can do more than offer a comforting late-night snack—it can also help feed families in need. Land O’ Lakes recently donated over 18,000 pounds of their Macaroni & Cheese to the Food Bank of Central Louisiana.
- More cheese-for-good news: The Dairy Farmers of America organization donated more than 50,000 gallons of milk 25,000 pounds of cheddar to local food banks in Michigan to support those suffering from COVID-19 impacts. We absolutely love to see it!
- And for your at-home snacking pleasure: Shake Shack recently released their famous cheese sauce recipe to the public. It’s the perfect BBQ topping to burgers, fries, (or just spoons, we don’t judge).