Arugula Salad with Charred Feta, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Strawberry Vinaigrette
If you don’t have a blowtorch, you can achieve a similar effect by broiling the feta for 2 to 4 minutes. You’ll need a blender for this recipe.
- 1½ cups crumbled feta
- ½ pound hulled strawberries
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup minced fresh tarragon
- 6 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Scatter feta on a baking sheet. Char cheese with a blowtorch until browned, then refrigerate while you make the vinaigrette.
- Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth, then pass through a mesh strainer. Return strained berries to blender and add oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth. Fold in tarragon.
- Dress arugula with prepared vinaigrette, sprinkle with pine nuts, and toss. Top salad with feta and serve immediately.
Adapted from Chef Edouardo Jordan, JuneBaby
Photo Credit Charity Burggraaf