Avocado Radish Salad
Toss sharp radishes and grassy lettuces in lime vinaigrette to start this Mexican-inspired salad. Most ingredients may be prepped in advance, but fry the tortillas and pepitas just before serving to keep them crunchy.
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice from about 2 large limes
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
- ¾ cup canola oil for frying
- 4 corn tortillas sliced into ¼-inch strips
- Sea salt to taste
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- 6 cups Bibb lettuce or other tender lettuce washed, dried, and torn
- 8 radishes sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Fry tortilla strips in batches until golden and crispy, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with sea salt. Pour out all but 2 teaspoons of the oil. Fry pepitas, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn golden and pop, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add lettuce, radishes, and avocado to a large bowl and toss with dressing to coat (you may have dressing leftover). Sprinkle with cotija, tortilla strips, and pepitas. Serve immediately.