Buttermilk Blue, Fig, and Port Wontons
Recipe from Chef Daniel Fox, The Madison Club, Madison, WI, and courtesy of Emmi Roth USA.
- 1 cup Buttermilk Blue®
- ¾ cup dried black mission figs
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 quart soybean oil
- Combine Buttermilk Blue®, figs and Port wine in a food processor and process until well combined. Season with salt.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in the center of each wonton.
- Beat egg to create egg wash, and brush egg wash along edge of wonton wrapper.
- Fold edges of wonton, seal, and form into desired shape.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350˚ F and fry wontons (6 - 8 at a time) until golden brown.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/