Tomato Feta Salad
Feta brings a briny counterpoint to the sweet and tart flavors in the salad. Use cow’s milk feta (typically drier and more crumbly than its sheep’s milk counterpart) for best results.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin plus more for garnish
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Dice tomatoes and transfer to a medium serving bowl, along with their juices. Add scallions, feta, cumin, and lime juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Garnish with sesame oil, fresh thyme, and additional cumin.
Adapted from <a href="https://culturecheesemag.com/article/man-mission-sudanese-food-ambassador-world/">Chef Omer Eltigani </a>, The Sudanese Kitchen