Dunk cheese sambusa or warm flatbread into this spicy yogurt dip, or try it drizzled over salad or stew.
- 2½ cups whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 medium cloves garlic peeled and lightly crushed
- 3 green chiles seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Combine yogurt, garlic, green chiles, nigella seeds, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl. Gently fold in feta, leaving some chunks of cheese in the yogurt. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours to allow ingredients to meld. Refrigerate until ready to use. Remove garlic cloves before serving, if desired.
Adapted from <a href="https://culturecheesemag.com/article/man-mission-sudanese-food-ambassador-world/">Chef Omer Eltigani </a>, The Sudanese Kitchen