Clothbound Cheddar Pão de Queijo
This chewy Brazilian dinner bun comes together quickly in the blender and is best enjoyed the same day.
- 3 cups tapioca flour
- 1/3 pound clothbound cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400°F and generously grease 24 muffin tin cups.
- In a blender, pulse together tapioca flour and cheddar cheese until a coarse crumble is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a silky, fluid batter forms.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Evenly pour batter into24 muffin cups, about one-half to three-quarters full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown puffed balls form. Serve immediately.