Comté and Ham Slider with Fig or Currant Jam
These irresistible sliders, inspired by Chef Josef Lageder of the Balboa Bay Club, are always a crowd pleaser. Try them for lunch, or as an appetizer at your next party. Make both variations or try just one— they’re as fun to make as they are to eat!
- 6 dinner rolls, cut in half horizontally to make mini buns
- 3 tablespoons fig or black currant jam
- 2 ounces high-quality deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Comté, thinly sliced
- Preheat the broiler. Place the buns, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and broil 2-3 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread each bun (cut side) lightly with jam. Set the top buns aside and reserve. Arrange the ham and Comté on the bottom buns. Broil 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with the reserved buns and serve.
- Try the Herbed Mayonnaise and Arugula variation to switch things up.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/