Dark Chocolate Stilton Truffles
Dust your hands in cocoa powder to minimize the chocolate melting as you shape the truffles. They will last two weeks stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 ounces Stilton crumbled
- 1 pound dark chocolate 70% cacao, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for dusting hands
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ►Add 1 cup of water to a saucepan along with cream, sugar and Stilton. Bring to a simmer and stir to combine over medium heat.
- ►Put chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl. Add Stilton mixture slowly, stirring continuously to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 8 hours to set ganache.
- ►Scoop out chilled ganache with a tablespoon or melon baller for equally sized truffles. Dust hands with cocoa powder to prevent sticking and quickly shape into balls.
- ►Mix cocoa powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll truffles in bowl to evenly coat. Keep truffles chilled until 30 minutes before serving.