Fig and Apple Salad with Shaved Goat Gouda
A light and crunchy salad. Use a vegetable peeler to shave Gouda into wide, hearty pieces.
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 small garlic clove finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups spring mix or baby lettuces
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans roasted and salted
- 12 fresh figs halved
- 2 apples cored and sliced, Honeycrisp or other crisp variety
- 4 ounces aged goat Gouda (try Midnight Moon)
- ►VINAIGRETTE: Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fig jam, and garlic to a mixing bowl and vigorously whisk until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- ►SALAD: Layer a heaping handful of greens onto a plate. Scatter red onions and pecans evenly over greens. Arrange figs and apples on top. Finish off with Gouda, using a vegetable peeler to shave wide pieces over top. Serve with dressing on the side.