Garlicky Avocado Toast with Crottin de Chavignol
This flavor-packed avocado toast comes together in a snap. If you can’t find Crottin de Chavignol, substitute another small, aged goat cheese such as Vermont Creamery Bijou.
- 12-inch French-style baguette, cut into 6-inch lengths and sliced open horizontally
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Hass avocado
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 2-ounce Crottin de Chavignol, cut into 8 equal pieces
- In an oven or toaster, toast baguette pieces until lightly browned. Cut garlic cloves in half, and rub one half on each piece of toast. Discard any remaining garlic.
- Halve the avocado, and slice into ½-inch pieces. Top each piece of toast with a quarter of the avocado slices, and mash slightly with a fork to adhere the avocado to the toast. Salt and pepper the avocado toast to taste, top with cheese, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/