Grilled Asparagus and Burrata with Wild Garlic Pesto
Enjoy this dreamy burrata dish as a shared appetizer or light meal. If you don’t have a food processor, use an immersion blender to make the pesto.
- ½ cup wild garlic leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons fresh tarragon
- ¾ cup grated Pecorino Sardo cheese
- cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 asparagus spears
- 4½ ounces burrata
- Sliced sourdough bread to serve
- ►Add wild garlic, parsley, basil, tarragon, cheeses, pine nuts, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until smooth. (If using an immersion blender, add ingredients to a large bowl.) Slowly add olive oil to mixture with food processor on low speed until mixture is
- smooth. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- ►Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath. Snap asparagus in half and discard lower halves. Boil asparagus for 2 minutes, then immediately transfer to ice bath.
- ►Warm a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Add cooked asparagus and bread and lightly char, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- ►Place bread on plate, drizzle with olive oil, add asparagus, and top with burrata. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with wild garlic pesto.