Grilled Vegetables with Parsley-Basil Pesto
Thick vegetable slices stay tender on the inside, even when nicely charred on the grill. With bright herbal notes highlighting the Gouda’s nutty sweetness, the pesto is a perfect finishing touch.
- 1½ cups lightly packed parsley leaves and tender stems
- 1½ cups lightly packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely grated aged Gouda, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 large crowns broccoli, ends trimmed, cut into large florets
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Finely chop parsley and basil. Combine herbs with pine nuts, garlic, Gouda, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil and stir to combine.
- Light grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the vegetables have softened and are charred and crisp on the outside.
- Drizzle pesto over the vegetables and sprinkle with Gouda. Serve remaining pesto on the side.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/