Grilled Vegetables with Parsley-Basil Pesto
Thick vegetable slices stay tender on the inside, even when nicely charred on the grill. With bright herbal notes highlighting the Gouda’s nutty sweetness, the pesto is a perfect finishing touch.
- 1½ cups lightly packed parsley leaves and tender stems
- 1½ cups lightly packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup finely grated aged Gouda plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 fennel bulbs trimmed and cut into 2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 large crowns broccoli ends trimmed, cut into large florets
- 2 small zucchini halved lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chop parsley and basil. Combine herbs with pine nuts, garlic, Gouda, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil and stir to combine.
- Light grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the vegetables have softened and are charred and crisp on the outside.
- Drizzle pesto over the vegetables and sprinkle with Gouda. Serve remaining pesto on the side.