Kirkland Tap & Trotter Eggnog
Says Jared, "As a bartender, I’m usually put in charge of drinks when my family gets together for the holidays. I always eschew store-bought, preservative-laden eggnog in favor of this homemade version—and I haven’t yet found a single person who prefers the former."
- 1 dozen eggs separated
- 6 cups whole milk
- 16 ounces Pierre Ferrand 1840 Original Formula Cognac
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces Smith & Cross Jamaica rum
- 3 ½ cups 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl until light yellow in color.
- Continue to beat yolks while adding milk, Cognac, cream, and rum until combined. Add sugar and salt. Beat until smooth with no lumps remaining.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with nutmeg until stiff peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into yolk mixture. Chill well until ready to serve.
Adapted from Kirkland Tap & Trotter