Lobster Ricotta Flatbread Pizza
If you prefer other base options, this recipe can also be made with pre-baked or par baked pizza dough. Both dough options can be done in the oven or on the grill.
- 4 to 5 ounces lobster tails, steamed
- 1 pack store-bought flatbread
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces ricotta
- ►Set an oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to broil.
- ►Prepare toppings. Core tomato, remove seeds, and dice small. Remove parsley leaves from stems and rough chop. Set aside.
- ►In a large stock pot, pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom and bring to a boil.
- ►Once water is boiling, place a steamer basket inside the pot, so that it sits just above water level. Add lobster tails to steamer basket, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- ►Meanwhile, for the white sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Add cream and heat until it starts to bubble slightly. Turn heat down to low, then slowly add parmesan and mozzarella while stirring until sauce coats the back of the spoon, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
- ►Remove lobster tails from steamer and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove meat from shell and cut into ½ inch pieces, set aside.
- ►Place flatbreads on a rimmed baking sheet. Add ricotta cheese in dollops to each flatbread, using an offset spatula to spread. Add lobster and tomatoes. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove to cool for about 5 minutes. Once cooled, top with parsley, cut, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/