Orange Chicken Salad
Serve this simple yet stunning chicken salad over leaves of crisp lettuce or on a buttery croissant.
- 12 ounces shredded poached chicken
- 8 ounces ricotta salata grated
- 1 Gala apple cored and julienned
- 1 small bulb fennel julienned
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice plus more to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ►Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, pepper, orange zest, and/or juice as necessary. Refrigerate in a covered container for at least 2 hours and up to 5 days before serving.