Muenster and Chorizo Quesadilla
Spicy, smoky chorizo marries nicely with muenster cheese in this tasty quesadilla. Garnish with tomato salsa, a dollop of sour cream, or just eat it straight up.
- ½ pound chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 12- inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated muenster cheese
- ►Add chorizo to a medium skillet set over medium heat. Cook 6 minutes, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and drain chorizo on a paper towel–lined plate.
- ►Melt butter in chorizo skillet. Add 1 tortilla and cook on 1 side for about 20 seconds. Sprinkle one-quarter muenster cheese on half of the tortilla. Add one-quarter cooked chorizo on top of the
- muenster and fold tortilla in half using a metal spatula.
- ►Continue cooking quesadilla until muenster is fully melted and tortilla becomes golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- ►Cut each quesadilla into triangles and serve.