Seasoned Ricotta with Pomegranate Seeds, Persimmon, and Balsamic
Garnished with pomegranate seeds and persimmon, this cheesy seasonal dish can be served for breakfast or dessert. You’ll have leftover seasoned ricotta; it will keep, refrigerated, for up to a week. Enjoy by the spoonful as a snack, dollop on mushroom pasta, or spread on avocado toast.
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Fuyu persimmons
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ►SEASONED RICOTTA: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Measure out 2 cups and reserve remainder for another use (see headnote).
- ►TO SERVE: Peel persimmons and slice thinly. Divide ricotta evenly among 4 bowls and top each with equal amounts persimmon slices, pomegranate seeds, and balsamic vinegar.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/