Photography by Jennifer May
Seasoned Ricotta with Pomegranate Seeds, Persimmon, and Balsamic
Garnished with pomegranate seeds and persimmon, this cheesy seasonal dish can be served for breakfast or dessert. You’ll have leftover seasoned ricotta; it will keep, refrigerated, for up to a week. Enjoy by the spoonful as a snack, dollop on mushroom pasta, or spread on avocado toast.
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 3 lemons zested and juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Fuyu persimmons
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ►SEASONED RICOTTA: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Measure out 2 cups and reserve remainder for another use (see headnote).
- ►TO SERVE: Peel persimmons and slice thinly. Divide ricotta evenly among 4 bowls and top each with equal amounts persimmon slices, pomegranate seeds, and balsamic vinegar.