Shaved Asparagus Pizza with Roquefort, Eggs, & Pecorino
Crisp asparagus and silky eggs pair beautifully with two iconic sheep’s milk cheeses.
- 1 pound asparagus
- Flour, for dusting
- ½ recipe Overnight Pizza Dough
- 6 ounces Roquefort, crumbled
- 6 ounces mozzarella, grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pecorino Romano, to finish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 4 eggs, as desired
- Holding each asparagus spear by its thick end, run a vegetable peeler down to the tip to create thin shavings. Snap off remaining tough ends.
- Heat oven to 500°F. Flour an overturned baking sheet. Stretch dough to a 13-by-9- inch rectangle, and transfer to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with Roquefort and mozzarella. Spread asparagus evenly over cheese, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Pecorino.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until bottom of crust has browned. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet, and fry until whites are set. Place eggs on top of pizza, and serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/