Sweet and Salty Party Mix with Parmesan
We know you love party mix, but trust us: Leave the prepackaged snacks coated in cheese dust on the shelf and try the real thing.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups wheat squares cereal such as Chex
- 1 ½ cups corn squares cereal such as Chex
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups kettle corn
- 1 cup toasted corn kernels
- Heat oven to 300°F. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Turn off heat, and stir in salt.
- Spread cereals on a baking sheet, and toss with butter-salt mixture. Bake 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Once fully baked, stir mix once more, and sprinkle cheese evenly over mix. Place back in oven, and allow cheese to melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Watch cheese carefully, ensuring mix does not burn. Remove from oven, and let cool and harden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently peel mix and cooled cheese from baking sheet, and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with kettle corn and corn kernels, and serve.
- Styled by Mary Reilly