Taleggio and Apricot Jam Panini
No need to fret if you don’t own a panini press—two medium-size skillets will do just fine. Serve this tasty sandwich with a side salad to round out the meal.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 ounces Taleggio cheese halved and sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- ►Heat a panini press for 5 to 7 minutes. Alternatively, heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- ►Add 1 ounce Taleggio cheese to 1 side of 1 slice of sourdough bread. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons apricot jam on remaining slices of sourdough.
- ►Place jam-coated sourdough slices on top of the Taleggio slices, jam-side down, to form two sandwiches. Spread 2 tablespoons butter onto panini press and add 1 sandwich to the press. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions, or until sourdough is golden and Taleggio has melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. If using a skillet in lieu of panini press: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add 1 sandwich to skillet. Top sandwich with another medium-size skillet and press down gently. Cook until sourdough is golden brown and Taleggio has melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining sandwich.