Sponsored by Litehouse Foods.
Bacon Wrapped Date Bites with Gorgonzola
If you love the smell of bacon on the stove, imagine that delicious, smoky maple bacon wrapped around sweet dates stuffed with melty Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola cheese. Bring all of these mouth-watering flavors and smells to your holiday season with this easy four ingredient, one-bite appetizer.
- 25 Medjool dates pitted
- 5 oz Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Crumbles
- 2 tbsp fresh chives minced
- 16 oz maple smoked bacon sliced into thirds
- ►Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- ►Combine the Litehouse Simply Artisan Gorgonzola crumbles, chives, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- ►Stuff each date with plenty of the gorgonzola mixture and wrap tightly with a piece of bacon.
- ►Secure the bacon with a toothpick all the way through to fasten the bacon closed.
- ►Arrange the stuffed dates on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Serve warm.