Sponsored by Norseland.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Old Amsterdam Gouda
The flavor of Old Amsterdam, an aged Gouda from Holland, is robust enough to stand up to the smoky barbecue sauce in this homemade pizza.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet rapid-rise active dry yeast
- ⅔ cup warm 115°F to 125°F water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked sliced chicken breast (about two 8-ounce breasts)
- 3 cups Old Amsterdam cheese grated
- ►DOUGH: In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt.
- ► In a small bowl, stir together warm water, sugar, and olive oil. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until dough forms.
- ► On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in lightly greased bowl; cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- ► Divide dough in half and roll out to desired thickness. Rounds should be about 11 inches in diameter.
- ►PIZZA: Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- ► Toss ¼ cup BBQ sauce with the cooked, chopped chicken to coat. Set aside.
- ► Spread remaining BBQ sauce over rolled-out crusts. Top each with half with the shredded chicken, then sprinkle each with the Old Amsterdam.
- ►Bake for 14-16 minutes. Slice and serve immediately.