Butternut Squash, Cypress Grove’s Straight Up®, and Sage Crostini
Cypress Grove’s Straight Up fresh goat cheese is the perfect creamy bed for roasted butternut squash and crispy fried sage leaves in this autumnal snack.
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2" cubes (about 4 cups)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 30 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 30 small fresh sage leaves
- 4 ounces Cypress Grove’s Straight Up® fresh goat cheese
- Flaky sea salt, to garnish
- ► Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F.
- ► Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- ► Place butternut squash cubes on the now-empty rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Roast, stirring halfway through, until tender and lightly caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes.
- ► Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the sage leaves and cook until crisp, about 30 seconds each. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to carefully transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- ► To assemble crostini, spread a generous layer of Cypress Grove’s Straight Up®
- on each baguette slice. Top each with a few butternut squash cubes and a sage leaf. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and flaky sea salt and serve.
- Sponsored by Cypress Grove.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/