Endive with Blue Cheese, Pears, & Walnuts
Sweet pears and earthy walnuts are a natural match with creamy blue cheese. To make this quick and easy appetizer extra festive, seek out red endive for that pop of holiday color.
- 3 endives, preferably a mix of colors
- 2 ounces Litehouse Simply Artisan Center Cut Blue Cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 firm but ripe pear, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- For garnish: Honey and freshly ground black pepper
- ► Trim the root end off each endive. Remove any bruised or browned outer leaves and discard, then carefully remove whole clean leaves to get about 24 endive “cups.”
- ► Place the blue cheese, pear, and walnuts in a medium bowl. Lightly toss to combine. Drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice and toss gently to coat.
- ► Spoon blue cheese mixture into each endive boat and place on a serving platter. Drizzle with a bit of honey, garnish with freshly ground black pepper, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/