Sponsored by Norseland.
Jarlsberg Beer Queso
Take your dip game to the next level. Jarlsberg makes this queso ever-so-creamy, while the buttery flavors of the cheese tame the slightly bitter pilsner. Enjoy this one alongside pretzel sticks or pretzel bites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ jalapeño diced (or more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ cups pilsner
- 1 8- ounce block of cream cheese at room temperature
- 16 oz. Jarlsberg cheese grated
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles drained
- ► Add olive oil to a medium skillet over low heat. Add jalapeño, and sauté until pepper starts to soften. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- ► Raise heat to medium and add beer. After 2-3 minutes, stir in cream cheese and continue stirring until it’s melted.
- ► When sauce is creamy, reduce heat to low add Jarlsberg, stirring again until cheese is melted Remove from heat; stir in the tomatoes and green chiles. Mix until well blended and serve hot alongside your favorite pretzel sticks.