Sponsored by Norseland.
Roast Beef Panini with Caramelized Shallots and Snøfrisk
Tangy, smooth, and spreadable, Norwegian fresh cheese Snøfrisk adds a wonderful layer of creaminess to a savory sandwich. For an extra kick, mix 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish into the Snøfrisk beforehand.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 6 large shallots thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 container Snøfrisk 4.4 ounces
- 1½ pounds thinly-sliced roast beef
- 1½ tablespoons finely-shredded horseradish root
- 1 pinch salt and white pepper to taste
- ► Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sliced shallots; cook and stir until very tender and golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- ► Preheat a panini press according to manufacturer's instructions.
- ► Divide the roast beef to top 4 slices of the bread, then spread shallots over the roast beef.
- ► Spread a layer of Snofrisk over remaining bread slices. Place slices on top of the roast beef and shallots.
- ► Brush each side of each sandwich with remaining tablespoons of softened butter. Grill sandwiches on the preheated press until bread is golden and crisp.
- ► Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.