Shaved Beet and Carrot Salad with Fiore Sardo PDO and Pecorino Romano PDO
This raw, shredded salad not only gets tossed with sharp and salty Pecorino Romano PDO, but it’s also garnished with smoky, rich Fiore Sardo PDO for a one-two punch of Italian sheep’s milk cheese.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more to taste
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 pound beets grated
- 2 large carrots grated
- ½ cup fresh tarragon leaves minced, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup toasted walnuts chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano PDO cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fiore Sardo PDO cheese for garnish
- ►Toss together beets, carrots, tarragon, walnuts, and Pecorino Romano PDO in a large bowl. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl until emulsified. Add dressing to beet-carrot salad. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional vinegar as desired.
- ►Transfer salad to a serving plate or bowl. Garnish with tarragon, walnuts, and Fiore Sardo PDO.
Did You Know?
According to several historical sources, the first varieties of Fiore Sardo PDO date back to the Bronze Age.
Sponsored by 3 Pecorini.