Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Deconstructed Basil & Fiore Sardo PDO Pesto
Twirls of zucchini and Fiore Sardo PDO intertwine to make a salad worthy of a party. Serve as a side at your first picnic of spring.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 small zucchinis (or 2 large), yellow and green
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons torn or chiffonade basil
- ½ cup shaved Fiore Sardo PDO
- ►Lightly toast pine nuts over medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- ► Using a vegetable peeler, shave unpeeled zucchini into ribbons. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- ►Squeeze lemon juice over zucchini. Zest lemon over top and set aside.
- ►Arrange ribbons in a bowl or platter, then dress with lemon zest, basil, pine nuts, and cheese. Serve chilled.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
Sponsored by 3 Pecorini