Goat Cheese-Lemon Cake With Blueberry Wine Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, room temperature, plus extra to grease pan
- 5oz Laura Chenel Original Fresh Goat Cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Remaining lemon juice from cake recipe
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup red wine
- ►Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange a rack in the center of oven.
- ►Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter, line bottom with parchment paper, grease the paper, and dust bottom and sides with flour.
- ►In the bowl of a standing mixer, whisk sugar and lemon zest by hand and set aside. Juice lemon into a small bowl and set aside.
- ►In a separate bowl, whisk both flours, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- ►Add butter to lemon sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl and add Laura Chenel Original Fresh Goat Cheese. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- ►Add eggs one at a time and mix, scraping the bowl after each addition. Note: the batter may appear curdled at this stage—that means you’re doing it right!
- ►Add vanilla and 3 teaspoons lemon juice and mix. Save any leftover juice for the sauce.
- ►Reduce mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients. Once incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium and mix until batter is smooth.
- ►Transfer batter to pan; Use spatula to scrape sides of bowl and smooth the batter. Lightly tap sides of pan to release air bubbles and help batter settle evenly.
- ►Place pan on center oven rack and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- ►Remove cake from oven and let rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- ►Remove cake from pan and place on rack to continue cooling.
- ►Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- ►Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes for a syrup-like consistency, 20 minutes for a jam-like consistency.
- ►Remove saucepan from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- ►Dust finished cake with powdered sugar (optional). Drizzle sauce over individual slices of cut cake. Enjoy leftover sauce on yogurt, pancakes, or ice cream!
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/