Salad with Poached Egg, Prosciutto, and Grana Padano
A simple arugula salad with poached egg and prosciutto—it's perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. It's easy and quick to whip together, but feels satisfying enough to eat as a meal. A heap of shaved Grana Padano and a drizzle of earthy truffle oil add a delightful richness to this simple salad.
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- ½ cup Grana Padano, shaved
- Handful of arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk the sherry vinegar and the truffle oil in a small bowl to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a gentle boil. Add the white vinegar, then gently crack in the eggs and poach them until soft (3 to 4 minutes). Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the arugula in a bowl, toss with some of the dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- On each plate, build up a nest of the arugula and top with Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano shavings.
- Place the egg on top. Finish with a sprinkle of black pepper and salt.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/