This savory and sweet cake would be delicious with any summer produce and can be served for breakfast or dessert.
- 1½ cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as canola
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ wheel camembert, cut into ½" cubes and frozen
- ½ cup (about 9-10) fresh sweet cherries, pitted and sliced
- salted butter for serving
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease a nine-inch loaf pan. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In a large liquid measuring cup, combine all liquid ingredients. Pour wet mixture into dry and mix with a whisk for about 30 seconds until a smooth batter forms. Gently fold in frozen camembert cubes and sliced cherries. Bake for 1 hour. Cool slightly before serving warm with salted butter.