Cauliflower and Spinach Lasagna
Streamline efforts with frozen spinach and no-boil lasagna noodles—assemble ahead of time and bake when ready to serve.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower cored and cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves and tender stems
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound fontina grated, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach thawed, excess liquid squeezed out
- 15 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Divide cauliflower florets between 2 baking sheets and drizzle each with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread evenly across sheets and roast for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Toss, then continue roasting until crisp and tender, about 10 more minutes. Cool. Leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, combine basil, parsley, garlic, half of the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil in a steady stream, blending as you go. Stir in parmesan and remaining pine nuts. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, 1½ cups fontina, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Spread about a quarter of the pesto across the bottom of a 9-inch-by-11-inch baking dish. Scatter half of the cauliflower and half of the spinach over the pesto. Cover with a layer of 5 noodle sheets. Top noodles with another quarter of the pesto and all of the ricotta mixture. Cover with another layer of 5 noodles. Add remaining cauliflower and spinach. Cover with remaining 5 noodles and top with remaining pesto. Sprinkle with remaining fontina.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden and bubbling, about 20 more minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.