Homemade Garlic Chive Butter
This is delicious for garlic bread or on grilled steaks or chicken.
- 1 large clove garlic coarsely chopped
- ⅛ cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In food processor fitted with a chopping blade, pulse garlic and chives until finely chopped. Add butter, pepper, and salt; pulse several times to blend, scraping down sides of bowl in between.
- After blending the butter and seasonings, let the mixture stand for an hour at room temperature, allowing the flavors to develop. Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Wrap the flavored butter well in plastic wrap, waxed paper, or parchment paper to protect its freshness, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
A food processor or electric mixer is helpful for blending all the ingredients quickly. If you have neither, the flavoring ingredients can be finely chopped with a knife, and everything may be mixed by hand, using a wooden spoon, until well blended.