Fromage Blanc Cheesecakes
At JuneBaby, Jordan serves this dessert with an Italian plum compote, made by simmering the fruit with sugar, lemon, cinnamon, vanilla, and star anise, but a store-bought jam does just fine, too. You’ll need 4 8-ounce ramekins for this recipe.
- QUINOA CRUNCH:
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup ground pistachios about 1 ounce shelled nuts
- 2 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1½ tablespoons cooked steel-cut oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup fromage blanc room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ vanilla bean scraped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups boiling water
- QUINOA CRUNCH: Heat oven to 325°F. Whisk together rice flour, sugar, salt, cardamom, and pistachios. Fold in quinoa and oats. Add olive oil and mix until all ingredients are combined. Spread mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then continue to bake, checking every 5 minutes, until mixture is golden brown. Cool completely.
- CHEESECAKES: Combine cream cheese, fromage blanc, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add yogurt and lemon juice and pulse until smooth. Add eggs and pulse until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Rest batter at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Pour batter into ramekins, filling to rim. Arrange ramekins in a roasting pan or baking dish and place on oven rack. Pour boiling water into roasting pan, taking care not to splash cheesecakes.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes. The cheesecakes will puff and feel set on top, but they shouldn’t brown all over.
- Refrigerate cheesecakes overnight. Scatter quinoa crunch on top just before serving.