Sweet Potato Fries with Curried Crème Fraîche
Oven-baked fries can get crispy, we promise! Here, fresh sweet potato fries are drizzled with a delectable spiced crème fraîche. Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 ounces crème fraîche
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ►Slice sweet potatoes into ¼-inch fries. Add to a large bowl and cover with water. Soak for minimum 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- ►Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Drain fries and blot dry. Rinse and dry bowl. Return fries to bowl and toss with olive oil. Stir together cornstarch and garlic powder in a small bowl, then sprinkle over fries and toss to coat.
- ►Spread fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries. Bake for 10 additional minutes, or until fries are crispy and browning at the ends.
- ►Sprinkle fries with salt to taste, then cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together crème fraîche and curry powder in a small bowl. Serve alongside sweet potato fries for dipping, or transfer to a pastry bag (or a plastic baggie with a corner snipped off) and pipe over cooled fries.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/