Whipped Feta with Roasted Red Peppers and Parsley
Briny whipped feta is tempered by smoky-sweet roasted red peppers in this addictive alternative to plain cream cheese. Assemble feta with toppings on bagels or in a bowl for a large group—it also makes a fantastic dip for bagel chips. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will last for up to a week.
- ⅓ cup drained roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt1 cup (about 6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Bagels, for serving
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- ►Chop roasted red peppers and place in a bowl. Stir in olive oil, sherry vinegar, and kosher salt. Set mixture aside.
- ►Place feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until cheeses are mixed. Add milk and pulse until mixture is light and fluffy. If mixture is still thick, add more milk until you reach the right consistency.
- ►Spread feta on bagels and top with roasted red pepper spread and parsley before eating.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/