Somerdale Red Dragon Cheese Dip
Need something cheesy to go with your spring produce? This savory beer dip made with Somerdale's Red Dragon—a creamy cheddar blended with wholegrain mustard seed—balances rich and fresh flavors with ease.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound Somerdale Red Dragon cheese, grated or crumbled
- 12 ounces brown ale
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Sliced vegetables for serving
- Carrots, peeled (in batons if large)
- Radishes, quartered
- Potatoes, blanched and quartered
- Asparagus, blanched
- ►Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and sauté the onions until softened and translucent, about five minutes. Add the second tablespoon of oil, stir for a few seconds, then sprinkle the flour over top and stir well.
- ► Pour in the beer, stirring to get any flavor stuck to the pan from the onions. Once the beer is simmering, begin adding the cheese, a handful at a time, whisking it in as you go to keep it smooth.
- ► When all the cheese is incorporated and the dip is smooth, garnish with parsley and serve in the skillet, with the sliced and blanched vegetables for dipping.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/