Cheesy Potato Soup
- 4 baking potatoes (about 1-½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- 4 oz. Widmer’s Brick cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ►Cook potatoes in microwave on HIGH until tender; cool.
- ►Place butter and onions in large bowl. Cook in microwave on HIGH until tender about 2 minutes. Stir well; return to microwave and cook on HIGH power 2 minutes until mixture is heated.
- ►Scoop out potatoes leaving pieces in chunks. Add potatoes, evaporated milk, cheese and seasonings to hot mixture. Return to microwave and cook 2 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted and soup is hot.
- *Tip: Shred cheese when it is just out of the refrigerator and still cold.
- *Tip: It's easiest to measure cheese based on weight: 4 ounces natural = 1 cup shredded
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/